Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Instant Noodles and Bak Chang


One of the more common questions I get asked in pregnancy is "Do you have any cravings?" To which I always say, no. But I have been indulging is certain foodstuff lately though - instant noodles and bak chang.

Instant noodles - the minute I saw this on Camemberu's foodblog, I just had to go and make myself a packet of dry instant noodles. And since then, I've been eating a packet of Myojo Ramen Char Mee everyday for the last 3 days, including today, usually as a mid afternoon snack. I had actually stopped eating dry ramen for some time, preferring the firey and soupy Korean versions.

But after seeing the chilli coated noodles in Camemberu's post, I couldn't resist. And I added my homemade belachan to give it more spice!!! I know, very unhealthy...but then I eat it on top of regular meals, not replacing meals. And I reduce the seasoning, and the noodles.... So should be OK, right? Hmmm, I guess not. OK, will try to stop tomorrow......

Bak Chang - my regular seamstress gave me a generous bag of nonya chang which she made herself for the recent Dumpling Festival. They're slightly smaller than the regular ones, and come with a bit of salted egg too (yum!) - perfect for breakfast of a mid afternoon snack when I get peckish.

In fact, speaking of food, I've been reading more food blogs lately (on top of Esther's of course) - there are always lots of luscious food pictures, updated regularly and great for ideas on where to go for meals! Some of my regular reads include ieatishootipost, she bakes and she cooks, and of course Camemberu's. I'm glad to be enjoying food - this is such a change from before, where it was so bad, I actually could not imagine ever getting my tastebuds back.

Oh, and we went pram (window) shopping over the weekend! Don't know why but suddenly decided to just go check them out. Have our eye on a pretty expensive one but I don't know if we are actually going to buy it; we're still deciding but I have been told that it's wise to invest in a good pram. Anyways, I was rather bewildered by the selection at Mothercare and Robinson's. Some of them were downright flimsy and they weren't cheap either! Most of the newborn ones look really bulky and heavy too. Pram advice, anyone - in particular what features would be most important to look out for?

5 comments:

Saggs said...

From my experience, get a sturdy one from birth till 1ish... after, get a more lightweight (but not TOO flimsy) one if you're a walking mum, like moi. :)

I've walked Danielle's to 'buggy death'.

Anonymous said...

For newborn, you wana make sure pram has 3-position so newborn can sleep comfy in it. And if you're out alot on your own with baby, you want a lightweight pram that you can carry up steps if need be !!! Cos in Singapore somehow, places are not wheels friendly. Combi is economical and lightweight (it's the cheaper version of aprica). If you like the 3 wheeler type, go for Phil & Ted, very easy to manuvoer and can has an extension you can buy for 2nd child. But it's ex though.

Sher said...

we love our maclaren volo. we've walked it to death here, every day, over long distances, but it's still sturdy and light enough for skinny me to carry in one hand.
but it's a stroller ie. after baby is six months old.

Eileen Liu Kim Ying said...

ya combi is a pretty good brand and price economically.

http://www.taising.com/combistroller.html

the mad fat chef said...

Hey..
I'm not due till Dec but I have already bought my babe a Peg Perego's Pramette which I love to bits!
It's a pram cum stroller..so you can use this from O to 4+ yrs old. It can b fully reclined, so baby can sleep well and also well protected from the elements. My gf has been using this for abt a yr and highly recommends it for comfort (for the babe) and safety. It's very sturdy which also means it's quite heavy..abt 10kg but i think it's manageable. I'll choose comfort for my child first! Good luck with ur search!