Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lack of posts here as I have been going a bit crazy with posting on my other blog, drastic measures. There are some updates on the remodelling for the nursery in there.

I've actually been busy running around for work as there's an event coming up this Sunday, and happily eating and growing bigger! There's definitely been exponential growth to my belly in the last couple weeks.

Baby is super active and I can feel definitely limbs in her movements, which makes it all the more fun! There is a little creature growing in there! It's a really interesting experience for me and I love to feel her squirm and am fascinated to watch my belly move. It's also making me more excited and looking forward to meet this little person that's been growing in my belly.

We attended our first pre-natal class at Thomson Medical this past Saturday. There were so many couples there! The session largely covered simple stretching exercises - I was actually quite sian going through them 'cos I'd already spent the morning doing similar stuff at pilates class. The exercises target the usual areas - shoulders, abdominal and pelvic muscles, and also exercises to avoid leg cramps and varicose veins.

The more interesting part of class was where we learned how to communicate with baby in the womb. How to stroke and pat the stomach to get baby to respond. And it worked! Pretty cool, I thought. Baby who was initially quiet, started moving around when we started patting my tummy.

Oh, I was also quite fascinated with this baby model that the instructor Mrs Wong used. It has a plastic head, fabric body and comes complete with fabric umbilical cord and placenta! And there is a knitted "womb" that looks like a sock the "baby" fits into. I was so tickled.

Well, we have 5 more sessions to go, so there's lots more to learn. Time actually flew during class, it was 2.5 hours but over before I knew it.

No comments: