Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ingrid

The daily grind.

Every weekday morning at 8.45am, I drop Ellis off at school.

Other than a brief period in Toddler class (she's now in Playgroup) where she would happily let me go - off and running to play with nary a backward glance! - she's started acting clingy again. It started when we returned from a short trip to Malaysia in November last year, and hasn't really improved since.

I don't think she doesn't like school. Why?

She always tells me in the car on the way home from school (& even on the weekends). Mummy, I want to go to school. I don't want to go home.
And she's always cheery when I pick her up in the afternoon. And, she doesn't complain when Kisu drops her. I think she just wants me to stay with her in the mornings.

There's no bawling or screaming, but she's definitely unhappy and complains when I try to leave. At best, she'll get distracted by a teacher and I'll stealthily make my way out. (I do make sure to say goodbye & give her a hug before I go) At worst, she'll start crying as I start to leave, which she did this morning.


Today, as usual we climb the stairs and reach her classroom on the 2nd floor.

Miss E comes over to welcome Ellis.

Ellis hides behind me and grabs my leg.

Me: Ellie, look at what your friends are doing - do you want to join them?

Ellis (whining) : I don't WANNA see Ingrid!

Ingrid is not a classmate, but MISS Ingrid, who's supervising the kids painting at the back of the room.

I instinctively start to laugh because it's just SOOO funny, but stifle it when:

Miss E: What's that you said, Ellis?

I try to cover up -

Me to Miss E: I can't believe she said that! (feeling like I should chide her instead of finding it amusing)

But I can't help it.

I laugh in the car on the way out and call Kisu to tell him what his daughter did in school today.

1 comment:

MyPlayschool.net said...

Wow your little girl is simply adorable!!! :)

I was blog hopping and found myself here. Would like to invite you to our giveaway contest http://myplayschool.net/2010/08/giveaway-the-quiet-book-worth-30/

Hope to see you there! :)