Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

School Update

After her initial bout of bronchalitis following the start of school (she attended 12 out of 20 days in the month of July) and a month away in August, Ellis resumed daycare in September.

I was this close to pulling her out because of her extended absence, but decided to stick it out one more month. I am glad to report save for 1 day where she had the sniffles, she is well, attending and enjoying school. To the extent that she's off and running when I drop her off, and in no particular rush to leave when I pick her up in the afternoon.

I'm thankful that she's doing well there and even picking up some Chinese - she will enthusiastically say "Zai Jian (goodbye)!" and "Xie Xie (thank you)". As she's the only toddler in her age group that stays in school beyond noon, she spends the afternoons hanging out with the older kids which I think is good exposure for her. They're really sweet too, yelling "Bye Ellis!" when she leaves for the day, or making sure that she has her teddy with her at all times.

And of course for me, I have the luxury of time off - I am free to go to the office, have lunch with friends or go for a spot of retail therapy during the time she's at school.

No comments: