Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sleep - Another Milestone

Another change in her sleeping habits - I usually sit in the chair in her room and carry her for a bit (5 - 10 minutes) till she's slightly drowsy (but not asleep) before putting her into her cot.

Yesterday and this evening, as I sat her down, she pointed at her cot. I asked her "Ellie, do you want to be in your bed?" and she said "Bed". I wasn't ready to put her down yet so I asked her for a big kiss, which she happily gave "MUAH!" before I placed her in her cot. She scrambled down, clutching her little bolster and started rolling around.

I said "Good girl", "Good night" "See you" to which she giggled loudly and said "See you!" back before I left the room and closed the door. I can still hear her talking to herself as I type this, but I know she'll settle down to sleep on her own in a few more minutes.

Snuggling before she falls asleep is actually one of my favourite times with her (it's one of the few times that she actually lays still and lets me hug her) so I'm a little sad to see it go. But I'm also pleased that she's making the transition on her own. Oh well, my little girl is growing up :)

No comments: