Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 6, 2007

Crafting for Baby

*This is a duplicate post, for those who also read my other blog, Drastic Measures. I usually keep pregnancy related posts separate from sewing/crafting posts, but in this case, it's both baby related as well as crafty!*

baby blankie 2

baby blankie 1

Anyways, folks, I just finished this afternoon. This is not for baby sung, it's a patchwork baby blanket for Selena's baby due in October.

The patchwork on the blankie is made from scraps from her grandma's vintage fabric collection. Sel donated a bunch to me some time back to make bags and such. Lazy me never actually did anything with them - until 3 days ago where I thought it might make a meaningful keepsake for her. It's got quilt batting in between, and a flannel backing so it's cozy for baby.

There's going to be another one coming up for baby sung - I haven't decided on the colour combo yet, but I'm thinking reds, pinks, possibly some yellows and browns. It all depends on what looks good together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy,
Wow, that is such a thoughtful and meaningful gift! I remember having one of those blankets as a child too but it was thrown away unfortunately. (Maybe it was too smelly...Hehe ;p)

Selena said...

hello! this is selena. i LOVE the quilt - it's really precious :) my baby will love it - she'd better...