Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 5, 2007

We have a ... *drumroll* Stroller!!

and it is....

tada....

...the all new Bugaboo Bee!

Bee

Made for "life on the fly" (geddit?!) Meant for those who use cars or travel alot and need a compact and lightweight stroller.

OK, so I haven't quite seen it yet ('cos it's still with Kisu in NY where he's on a biz trip) but here's what made us decide to buy, even though it meant taking a risk and ordering online, and having Kisu carry it all the way back from the US.

In terms of risk-mitigation, I think we have done quite an extensive amount of research and spent a lot of time looking (both physically and online) and honestly, we're quite tired already!!

+ One-piece, one step fold watch this pretty impressive demo clip.
+ Super compact here's how it looks folded up: 89 X 43 X 30 cm

bee folded

+ Light 7.7 kg (compared to the Quinny Buzz at 12kg)
+ Infant to Toddler system takes newborn to 17 kgs and I can have the baby facing me, or away.
+ Car seat adaptable so I can do away with the bassinet
+ It's cute. Yes, we got the red one.

Much as I like some of the other strollers I saw, I think practically speaking, I can only handle something that is pretty light, since I'm not that big or strong myself.

It cost us US$529 (about the same price as the Quinny Buzz here; and miles cheaper than the Chameleon) and we got it from BabyStyle.com. They launched it 1 August, which is a month ahead of the rest of the US. No idea when it'll make it's way down to Singapore though.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that it lives up to all the hype! I can't wait to try it when Kisu gets back!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

wow, grats on your lovely stroller, love the compact size when folded & its weight! I'm still impatiently waiting on mine (friends are helping to pay for part of it).

Saggs said...

As Hubs would put it -- wah zaaan eh!

Good, manageable weight! make sure you zip baby sung around in it lots!

Unknown said...

sandra - wow so nice, your friends are chipping in for your stroller!

saggs - haha, i think i will "drive" it around the house alot once I get my hands on it!

Sandra said...

Glad that you're very happy with your Bee! :) I finally got the zapp on Friday, don't know why but it's heavier/ more cumbersome than when I tried it at Motherswork! However, it is really easy & smooth to maneuver/ push around once we're on the go.

Yeah, my swim colleagues asked me what I wanted and I asked if it was possible for them to chip in for the pram, and I would top up whatever necessary.